The National Finals Selection Panel, comprising 8 judges, has announced the names of the twelve university undergraduate and secondary school students who have qualified for the National Finals Symposium to be held in Wellington on Friday 8 September.
The names of Scholarship winners will be announced early next week following decisions by the sponsors of each Scholarship.
- Cassandra Spearin - Victoria University of Wellington - Unlikely Superheroes: Using Fungi to Clean Our Waterways
- Finn Lowndes - Victoria University of Wellington - Fusion Technology: The Stellar Solution to the Energy Crisis
- Logan Williams - University of Canterbury - Polar Optics
- Claire Elliott - University of Canterbury - Creating a Human Computer Connection
- Abigail Sucsy - Victoria University of Wellington - The Plastics Problem
- George Mander - University of Canterbury - Using Brain Waves to Solve Crime
- Neakiry Kivi - Samuel Marsden Collegiate School - Reinventing Solar: The Solution is Clear
- Jason Su - Scots College - My Two Scents on Reducing Obesity
- Maddison McQueen-Davies - Palmerston North Girls High School - rhSDF-1α: The Miracle Gel
- Hana Te Puni - Palmerston North Girls High School - NZ’s Environmental Hero of the Future the Dung Beetle
- Isaac Rusholme - Hutt International Boys School - Driving Possums to Extinction
- Jonathan Chan - Auckland Grammar School - The Future of Farming: Restorative Ocean Farming